Monday, August 10, 2009

Tough Week

Every weekend I have a wedding scheduled I drop off a suit at the cleaners not two blocks from my home. At first he'd see the suit and ask if I was heading to a wedding or a funneral. I'd answer, a wedding, without exception, since I've been to 200 weddings or so in the last three years. After a while he'd just ask where the wedding was.

This week however, when I pick up my suit, I will wear it for my father's funeral. After a yearlong struggle with renal cancer, my father passed last Wednesday in Seattle. I spent the better part of the last week in Alaska and Washington, spending as much time with him as possible. This week is the impossibley daunting task of celebrating his life without him.

I had planned to finish off all my June and July weddings prior to leaving for California on the 17th of this month to for more filming and more weddings. Needless to say is I have fallen a few weeks behind. Bear with me. I'll try to have everyone's highlight video up first so you have some to view and share.

2 comments:

Alissa said...

my thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time

Unknown said...

Oh you are attending weddings every weekend ha ha then you are having tonnes of wedding suit rite???
Carol
Are you scared to be alone at home need security